So this is what I am stressing about...I signed up last November after feeling pressure from my hubby, to be baptized. The actual being dunked in the lake in front of people is not what has me stressed. It is the 2 minute testimony that I have to give. I AM NOT A PUBLIC SPEAKER! I can not stand it! I am not sure how I am going to get through that part. I don't even have a really interesting story. This is what I wrote in my membership application...
I became a believer in the third grade, 9 years old, mostly due to Sunday School teachers leading as we were not a religious family. My Mom would drop us of at Sunday School and pick us up when it was over in a effort to make sure we had some religious education. We moved and switched churches. I never felt quite at home at this new church and eventually toward the end of high school I stopped going. At that point I was working most Sundays and headed to college. During this time, I never felt any anger toward God or lack of belief. I always believed in him but I was not following him. After a stressful few years, in 2001 some friends invited us to church and I immediately felt that that was where I needed to be. Since then I have been working on becoming a "fully developing follower of Christ," as was said at our church at the time. In 2006 we moved to .... and started attending .... I really feel that the Lord's hand was completely over the whole process of our move from start to finish.
I think I can use part of this but I need to find some way to end it. Not sure not sure as I am not a writer either.
So this is what I am stressing over. I need to not stress because this is something that should not be stressfull. I don't think I can back out either...
1 comment:
No advice Margie. Just say what is in your heart.
Post a Comment