Hebrews 11:1

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Colossians 4:6

Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.

Monday, June 14, 2010

Out of School...

for the summer.  Last Thursday was the last half day of school for my big kiddo.  Ainsley finished on Wednesday.  Thursday ended up being very busy as I had a dentist appointment, a house showing, and B's new plant manager and wife came over for dinner as they were in town.  We must make that a more regular thing while we are still here as they are a fun couple.  Trying not to get depressed over the house selling thing, but, alas, it is difficult.  I keep getting the feedback from showings which is all positive, but no offers yet.  It has only been 3 weeks which is what I keep telling myself. The weather has not cooperated for fun summer activities as yet.  Friday rained, Saturday was cloudy and threatened to rain and of course was Aidan's last soccer game for the spring.  Yesterday we played outside with some neighbor kids but it was mostly cloudy and then it rained.  I woke up to clouds this morning and apparently the threat of more rain this afternoon.  At least my mini veggie patch is getting plenty of water without my help.

This morning, I was a bit more creative in my breakfast making as we don't have to rush anywhere early this week.  I made these awesome low fat strawberry scones.  Aidan had to add jam to his and ate 2 of them.  Ainsley decided she did not like baked strawberries but added butter and ate almost all of hers.  I thought they were yummy as is and will definitely make them again.  Just lightly sweet with a touch of strawberry.  I think they would be excellent with blueberries as well.

Well, it is a bit of a light week for us.  I am hoping for sunshine for a beach trip later in the week.  Next week is a bit busier as Ainsley heads to Welcome to Kindergarten and Aidan to Golf Camp in the afternoons.  We will also be headed to Cleveland sometime that following weekend as well.  So, this next few days B is in Greensboro, NC visiting one of his plants and he will be working the assembly line to get to know his people.  Can't wait to hear how that goes!  I have got to find my summer routine as here it is 9:19 and I have yet to shower or do anything other than make breakfast and do dishes.  Well, I am off to vacuum and put in a load of laundry.  What are your plans this week?

4 comments:

Becca L. said...

don't think you're going to get by not sharing that scone recipe! I hear you about settling into a routine!

Margie said...

Check out www.skinnytaste.com for the recipe. She lightens lots of recipes on her site.

Christine said...

I love the new blog look! Did Jess have her baby?

Margie said...

Christine, I tried to call Jess today but I was unable to get through. She was not due until mid-July though. I will keep you posted when I am able to get in touch.