Hebrews 11:1

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Colossians 4:6

Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.

Friday, March 09, 2012

Day off...

The kids have today off from school as a staff professionals day.  Teachers have to work part of the day while the kids are at home.  I typically enjoy lazy mornings on these days as we don't have to rush out to be anywhere at a certain time.  This morning, however, my children seem to have forgotten how this works.  Both children were up well before they are typically up for school!  I will say I was a bit annoyed.  I had a decent night sleep, for which I did thank God as I do every morning after I have slept the night soundly, but I was just not ready to be awake.  So, now here we are mid morning and my grumpiness has passed.  I type while Ainsley plays groceries and watches Super Why, and my boy is upstairs playing his recorder.   We did not escape the 4th grade music recorder.  He is thinking he may want to join band next year.  We shall see.  

The hubby comes home today.  He was ill while in Italy this time with a stomach bug as was his boss.  I had a touch of something at home.  Not as horrible or as lingering as a typical virus that has come through this house in the past, but enough to cause some problems for me.  Thankfully I was able to get everyone too and from school without any issue.  Neither one of my children has come down with illness either and I am completely thankful for that.  By the end of the week, I was able to get more into the swing of normal routine.  Thankful!

I have used some of my resting time watching my new favorite show.  I ended up buying the DVD because I did not have the time to watch the second season on-line before it was to expire.  PBS has a program called Downton Abbey.  For those that enjoy period English literature and programing will enjoy it.  I am completely sucked in!  I have to stop myself from watching too many episodes in one day to get my work done.  Highly recommend if you get the chance.  I watched the first season on Netflix.  The last episode of that season ended with a declaration of war, WW 1.  So, needless to say, I had to continue watching to find out what happened to all of the characters.  

Well, sorry for such a disjointed post, but such has been my week.  Off to love on the kiddos and see if I can convince them to help me take care of some cleaning this morning before we make any plans to head out.  I am thinking a trip to the library may be in order.  Ainsley's desire to read has skyrocketed in the past few weeks.  Maybe we are getting past this, "I don't want to read"  thing of hers.  Difficult for a voracious reader of a Momma to understand.  

No comments: