Hebrews 11:1

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Colossians 4:6

Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Saying goodbye...

We went on an actual vacation last week.  Just our family, to the beach.  We had so much fun!  My children had never experienced the ocean.  What a sight it was, and what an amazing thing are the tides.  Anyway, in taking this vacation, we boarded the dog as usual at the veterinary clinic.  I went to pick her up on Monday and they asked me to wait to speak to the Dr.  Apparently,  Alex had not had a good visit and he wanted to know how she was at home.  She struggles a bit, but can still get around on her own.  Well, something happened while at the vets.  She can no longer walk on her own and is having some other issues.  B is coming home from a trip today and he will be taking her to the vet one last time.  Aidan in particular is extremely upset.  He and the dog have never been close as she has been elderly most of his life, but she has always been around.  A constant in this house.  Time to say goodbye to the old lady.  She made it to 16 which is amazing for a dog her size (60 lbs).  I will post some pictures the kids took later.  I haven't taken any of her now because I truly don't want to remember her this way.  I want to remember the doggie of her youth.  The one who was spry and comfortable and would catch frisbees.  This is the dog I want to remember not the one with the problems of old age.  My only complaint is that I wish the vet would have called to explain what was going on.  I understand that he did not want to interrupt our vacation time, but if he would have talked to my husband I think we would have been more prepared for this and handled it differently.

1 comment:

Christine said...

I'm so sorry for all of you, Margie. Sounds like this dog was part of your family a long time.