Hebrews 11:1

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Colossians 4:6

Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.

Friday, March 12, 2010

Catching up on things...

Last Saturday we stopped by the local art museum because Aidan has a piece on display in celebration of Youth Art Month. His penguin on an iceberg is the one he is pointing to there in the back. Then, as usual, the battery on my camera died. I need to do better about charging that thing. The children's artwork was very impressive ranging from the kindergarten to the high school age. Some of the high schooler's work was really amazing. The girl who babysits for us from time to time had a photography piece on display as well.

This has been another busy week. Monday I spent some time scheduling overdue appointments, my physical and Ainsley's well check. She had strep throat when I was originally supposed to take her in, not so well I think. I also was able to get my car in for its regular service which was nice. I still need to get the dog into the vet for some vaccinations and to reschedule the dentist appointment I had to cancel when we had the stomach bug before the holiday's. Shameful I know!

The other struggle that I have had this week is that I think I finally killed my vacuum cleaner. I am so upset by this, but it did last me a good long time. I am struggling with the thought of getting a new one, but with as much as my dog sheds I hate to go too long without one.

I am on baby watch for my sister! She is just about 38 weeks now. I am so excited for her! She is one of my regular readers so I hope she don't mind me mentioning this. I have girl feelings for her, not that my thoughts matter, just the vibe I am getting. We both, B and I, keep referring to the baby as our niece even though we try to correct our thinking quickly. We are thrilled to have our first official cousin in the family so we will ecstatic with whomever God has planned for us as a new family member. Aidan of course wants a boy cousin and Ainsley wants a girl cousin. Exciting times!

The weather has warmed up considerably in the last few weeks, but most of this week has been shrouded by fog. The sun is supposed to come back next week as well as temps in the 50's! I am thrilled, but trying to keep in mind that this is also the Wi lake shore and you never know what you are going to get. Well, our weekend plans have changed once again and for that I am a bit glad...not so good for the hubby, but that is his story to tell not mine, work related issue. Now we have a free weekend and I am hoping to take advantage by getting some painting done on the upstairs hallway repair and possibly getting a new vacuum. Ahh, well we will see. Have a good weekend all and I hope to get back to more regular blogging soon!

3 comments:

Christine said...

We couldn't live without a vacuum here either--not for more than a few days. And there's no dog. lol

Take care, Margie!

MommyWise said...

HI... I came across your blog because I googled "Aidan and Ainsley" just for kicks to see what came up!
Briana

Neven said...

Ann had a very vivid dream that the baby came early & was a girl. She said she woke up before she heard the name and had to take a minute to make sure it hadn't happened. hahaha!

Jim is now guessing the 22nd. Having random contractions like crazy this whole weekend. Really wonder what the doctor says tomorrow.