Hebrews 11:1

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Colossians 4:6

Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Catching up...

on life around here.  I am trying so hard to stay on top of things so that I can spend the time I have free with the family and focus more on them instead of the tasks I have to do.  This past weekend was wonderful.  Nothing planned, just able to spend some time sewing while Ainsley played in the play room.  My sewing table shares the kids playroom.  Aidan and Dad worked on Aidan's Pinewood Derby car for scouts.  Their Pinewood Derby is this weekend as well as their Blue and Gold banquet.  Aidan will officially become a Bear.

This weekend will be a bit busy but fun as we have the scouts events on Saturday  and then an Easter egg hunt at a friends house on Sunday afternoon.  Should be fun but I get to spend less time catching up on the things at home.  Aidan has a half day at school tomorrow and then both kids will be on Spring break.  I am looking forward to the time off with them!  Low key fun and hopefully nice weather for some back yard play.

While I did not get the chance to talk to her, I understand from my Mom that my sister is doing better.  She just had a really rough day and was taking some of my advice as far as the nursing goes.  When I chatted with her the day before, I did have to tell her that whoever told her nursing was easy lied.  It does get easier over time, but I do recall the first month to month and a half to be very difficult.  Anyway, if anyone has any tips to pass along I would be happy to hear them and get the information over to her.  Baby S is soooooooo cute!  I can't wait until I get to see him next month!

So I will wrap this up, and tell you about the picture above.  One busy day we decided to make pictures for a little friend in the hospital.  Mayhem ensued, but they were having a blast drawing and coloring.  Of course I take pictures and later realize that I had left the ketchup and Ainsley's salad dressing on the table as well as my water glass and sun glasses.  Too funny, but I do enjoy the unposed picture.  Ahh well, more another day my friends!  Have a good weekend in case I don't get the chance to post tomorrow.  Now off to do more housework...the story of my mornings!

1 comment:

Jess said...

the kids look great! and even when you don't 'pose' the picture your house always looks good. :) silly lady. hope you stay sane with the busy weeks ahead!

and S is a cutie! i didn't have any real good advice for your sister but was glad to hear you told her that breastfeeding isn't easy and whoever said it was lied! :) you go marige!!! i think your telling her the rough part only lasts a short while and then things smooth out was a blessing and since S is gaining weight... no stress in thinking things aren't going well. just uncomfortable.

k, sweet lady. need to run. talk to you soon and have a hug waiting for you when i see you! :)