Hebrews 11:1

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Colossians 4:6

Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.

Wednesday, May 05, 2010

A Tough Month...

in our house.  I haven't posted in a while because I did not want to seem like I am complaining.  There are many blessings to be found amidst the issues that have surrounded us of late.  I have a busy week and I am once again stalling, lacking motivation to tackle the mountain of chores and projects.  Monday did not start out so well as Ainsley woke up with a pink goopy eye.  I get her into the Dr that afternoon and turns out she has an ear infection that is spreading to the eye.  They are treating it with a strong oral antibiotic as opposed to an eye drop.  Needless to say, after a dose of medication her eye cleared up and I was able to send her to school on Tuesday and attend our Ladies Bible study brunch.  A much needed event of fellowship and girl time.  I have to say I love my children and I love being at home with them, but I am in desperate need of a break.  B is coming back from Dallas on Thursday and Friday I am headed to craft night at church.  I think I will bring some sewing.  Not really working too hard on anything at the moment, but I always have sewing projects to catch up on.  Kind of a random post I know but I have so much going on it is difficult to sort everything out.  I feel like I have ADHD at times with difficulty focusing on the task at hand because my mind is already moving on to the next thing.  So I will leave you with a list of our blessings in the midst of all the mess.

-Ainsley is on the mend from pink eye and ear infection.

-The kids have gotten along amazingly well the last couple of days.  Playing well together to give Mom a break to tackle laundry and dishes.

-Nice sunny weather during the day to lift my stressed out spirit.  (I am really trying not to feel so stressed!)

-The knowledge that I have wonderful friends that will give me a call, send me a note, jot me an e-mail to let me know that they are thinking of me and understand when I am not able to call them back right away.

-Having a wonderful husband who called yesterday evening concerned about our weather as he was getting weather alerts on his phone for our area even though he was physically so far away.

-That last nights tornado warnings were cancelled and storms in our area were minimal allowing for a decent nights sleep for all...

and many many other blessings that I am not mentioning here.

No comments: