Hebrews 11:1

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Colossians 4:6

Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Mom and her Monkeys


We were so hot on this Sunday outing during our week in Cleveland.  We all had a great time though and the zoo was very nice.  I hope we will make other trips to this zoo in our future as we make our home in Ohio.  No offers on our house yet, but we are still busy with showings and some are quite promising.  Something is bound to happen soon.  At least that is my prayer.

My in-laws are here this week and I think we have worn them out!  I just don't know...I tried to plan some outings to get us out of the house to balance the kids energy and desire to play.  Nothing super strenuous, a trip to the beach, a trip downtown shopping during the sidewalk sale day in town.  They really needed a day to recover even though the outings were only a few hours each.  Yesterday they took the kids swimming and to play putt-putt for the afternoon while I went to the grocery store and worked at church.  They were falling asleep on my couch after dinner.  I just don't know how to balance activities with them without the rest of us going stir crazy.  This visit has made me realize how active a family we have become in the summer time with walks, bike rides, lake outings, park outings and the like.  I am thankful that my family is not as sedentary.  B and I have made a promise to each other to keep each other accountable in staying as active as possible as we get older.

We have a house showing this afternoon at 4 so I will be taking the kids over to their RV to "hang out".  I would rather have taken the kids to the playground or something, but I may just take them anyway just earlier in the afternoon.  Well, I hope all are well this week.  I am counting my blessings.  I hope you are too.

No comments: