Hebrews 11:1

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Colossians 4:6

Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.

Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Experimenting...

I tried something last week.  To give some back story, during times when I am not feeling well I find myself gravitating towards the computer.  I can catch up on news, friends, etc so that I do not feel so disconnected from the world.  Well, lately I have found myself wasting time on the computer even when I am feeling better, no more migraine, stomach bug, strep.  So to my experiment...last week I decided to minimize my computer time.  I would only check Facebook, news outlets, and friends blogs twice a day.  Once in the morning and another time in the late afternoon/evening.  Needless to say, productivity increased around the house.  I made a run to goodwill with items that I had collected from the closet I had cleaned out and organized.  I still need to work on the playroom and storage area, but I just haven't made myself go there yet.  The storage area is a big project as it mostly involves reorganizing the file cabinet and going through all the papers stored within.  I need to spend less day time on the computer, but it is something for me to do when I, for example, am eating lunch alone.  I will be on less time next week while the kids are off for spring break.  I just find that I am not always disciplined enough not to spend 30 minutes tooting around on the computer.  Now, some of it is actual work time when I need to pay bills and such but the vast majority is just time wasted.  Not sure what to do about this except pray that I will start to use my time more wisely.

Well, I am off again as my dryer is beeping at me and I must get some work done today.  The hubby is having friends from work over on Thursday night and I have to get this place in shape.  It is mostly in shape, but laundry and dishes get out of hand the most if I start to ignore them.  Have a most excellent Holy Week all!

No comments: