Hebrews 11:1

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Colossians 4:6

Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.

Sunday, November 04, 2012

Trick or Treat!


Trick or treating in our town was postponed due to bad weather from Hurricane Sandy.  Never in my life did I think we would be affected here.  Horrible wind and rain Monday night into Tuesday.  School was cancelled Tuesday.  Originally the city did not plan on rescheduling Trick or Treating activities, but at some point the city mayor relented and made some changes.  I had already told my children they were not going out on Wednesday night and with all the rain we had they agreed easily.  So above we have Merida from the movie Brave as well as a minimally scary zombie football player.  No blood or gross for my Aidan as requested.  Wednesday held class parties at school and this time I volunteered in Aidan's class.  He was playing a game where they had to put a paper plate on top of their heads and had to draw a complete jack-o-lantern.  The best one got a prize.  It was hilarious to see some of the drawings!

Thankful that we did not sustain any hurricane damage.  Some of my neighbors were not so lucky.  We did not lose power either.  So thankful.  I was without phone or internet for a few days, but I was able to manage just fine with my cell.  Also thankful that was working.  My hubby during all of this was in Wisconsin.  Missed all the excitement.  I did drop the hammer though.  I told him that if for whatever reason his flight was cancelled on Wednesday, he needed to get a rental car and drive himself back.  Not having any more of that.  Thankfully as well, the local airport did reopen on Tuesday afternoon and he was able to catch his Wednesday afternoon flight without any issues.  Prayers for everyone on the east coast!

No comments: