I still feel a bit lousy about all this mess, but I feel better. Thanks for the prayers. I dealt with the insurance and will be taking my car in tomorrow. Mine is mostly cosmetic, paint not even really dented, but I think I have a bit of an alignment issue as it seems my front tire took most of the impact. At least this was fairly low speed as I had slowed to turn left. As far as the neighbor front, they weren't a very friendly couple so no major loss there as they have lived next door for a year and when the hubby went over to introduce himself the introduction was not reciprocated. My insurance is covering their damage so that is not an issue. I had thought of taking a cake or some cookies over as a peace offering, but after the initial attitude I received I am not sure how they would see the gesture. Some people just are not very nice when a situation like this happens. The neighbor did apologize for his behavior so I guess that should make me feel better. Sometimes it is hard to shake first impressions, the fear and embarrassment I feel is not easy to overcome. Oh well this will be the last post on the subject as I will try not to dwell on this any farther. I take things so personally!
On a lighter note, Ainsley went on a field trip today to the local baseball stadium. The class attended a weather class at the weather station there offered by one of the local news station meteorologists. They also saw a bit of the baseball game being played today as well. She had a really good time because she was assigned to a group with one of her favorite friends. A friend if mine went and took some really cute pictures too. Well, I am off. Trying my hand at making macaroons for Aidan's gifted class island themed end of year party. I will let you all know how they turn out.
No comments:
Post a Comment