Have redeemed themselves in remembering Aidan's birthday but on the visitaion front that is another matter. They originally said they would come see us in March. March was too cold so they decided on April. They have travelled all kinds of other places in the mean time. Now they are going to be working in Alabama again for a period of time. So, they are telling us that the only time they will be available for us to come visit them in Texas in the summer is in July. My sister is coming in July plus I wanted to meet a friend in July with our daughters for a little girls weekend. In August the in-laws will be in Colorado as well as most of September. They said of course well what are your plans for fall, once again not remembering that Aidan is in school now. Here I am ranting and whining again, but I am a bit miffed. They said they might take the detour and come up before heading to Alabama, but they are not sure when that will be. I was really hoping to head to Texas in June, one because we have the time and two because the heat of the Texas summer hasn't set in yet. I am just frustrated and now don't even want to go at all. Then they start talking about us heading down at Christmas and B was agreeing and I had told them that I did not want to be the ones having to travel every year. B says...we'll see. Not encouraging. It is the whole thing again when they say jump, Brian says how high. Frustrating! Pray for me that I do not loose my cool over this. Pray that we figure our summer/Christmas travels out in a peacable way that allows everyone do what is in the best interest of everyone involved.
On a lighter note, Aidan had a great birthday and I will get pictures posted soon I hope. B decided to grill this afternoon and left me a disaster in the kitchen to clean of all the cooking implements that had been left outside in the grill cabinet over the winter. Not sure why he did not think to bring all that stuff inside. Now I have a mess and I must clean up. Off this computer now, and no more whining for me! Later taters!
2 comments:
If you need an in-law visit sounding board, you know who to call. Unfortunately, I don't think it ever gets any easier. Hang in there! Glad Aidan had a great birthday!
You know this past Christmas was the first year that we did not travel for Christmas. And if I have my way...we will stay home EVERY year. It was so nice just to be able to enjoy the time off that Brian has for the holidays and not have to worry about traveling. If a trip this summer for the girls doesn't work out, we can plan it some other time if that is better for you.
Post a Comment