Hebrews 11:1

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Colossians 4:6

Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Confession time...

as I am going to need some of my friends to help keep me accountable. I recently went to the doctor and found that my cholesterol is borderline high. 229 to be exact. I have never had high cholesterol so this took me off guard. I have a feeling it is due to a new medication I have been taking this past year, but I have put myself of a low fat low cholesterol diet and am working on increasing my exercise. My diet was okay previously. We eat fairly well at home, but a big problem I have is the eating out. We have a dinner out about once a week and lunch on Sunday afternoon, and the dinner out tends to do the most damage. We have eaten out since and I am trying to make better choices. This whole thing has completely stressed me out. I feel like a ticking time bomb and my cholesterol is not even that high. Completely freaked out. My main dietary change has been cutting out cheese. Oh, how I miss it! I will indulge however when I head down to Texas on our next trip. I must have Mexican food. Anyway, people...help keep me in check if you please especially if we are having a dinner out!

5 comments:

Neven said...

red yeast rice! Get some. A co-worker had a slightly higher cholestrol level and took that combined with healthier eating and he brought down his numbers significantly. worth checking so see if you can take the suppliment.

this sort of thing is why I'm sorta glad to be lactose intolerant.

Hollye said...

Okay. I know that I eat WAY worse than you do and my cholestrol level is good. It's actually gone down since I started my diet. Could there be some other contributing factor other than food? Maybe it is the medication you are taking. Is there some way to find that out? And giving up cheese? That would be like Miss K giving up her monkey! Honestly, I don't eat it as much as I use to since this diet, but if I couldn't have it at all....I need my Mexican food!

Margie said...

I think it is the medication and I am not totally opposed to giving it up, but then the migraines start up again monthly if you get my meaning. I am having it rechecked in 6 months to see if the changes I have made have made any difference. I also have a family history of high cholesterol on both sides so I have that as a knock against me. My dad takes medication for it, my mom is controlling hers with diet. So, I will wait my 6 months and see where we are. At least it is not super high! I have known people with cholesterol levels well over 300.

Margie said...

I think it is the medication and I am not totally opposed to giving it up, but then the migraines start up again monthly if you get my meaning. I am having it rechecked in 6 months to see if the changes I have made have made any difference. I also have a family history of high cholesterol on both sides so I have that as a knock against me. My dad takes medication for it, my mom is controlling hers with diet. So, I will wait my 6 months and see where we are. At least it is not super high! I have known people with cholesterol levels well over 300.

scrappingaggie said...

Hmmm... sorry to hear about the cholestrol levels. Hopefully minor dietary changes will make a big difference. If you are looking for food ideas not involving cheese-- you know who to ask ;)