Hebrews 11:1

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Colossians 4:6

Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Snow Day

Over night we got tons of the white stuff. This morning it was so deep the poor dog decided to go to the bathroom on the porch because the snow was less deep there. Not sure what the official totals are so I will have to check into that tonight. I knew something had to be done because it was to snow all day as well. Aidan and I donned our winter gear and headed out. Ainsley watched a movie as she is afraid of the snow blower. Aidan helped some but ended up pooping out and playing more that he was helping, but he did a fair job cleaning off the steps. I got out the snow blower and my instructions and did not do too badly for a first timer. It was not as neat a job as B does, but it was cleared none the less. I had trouble with the blowing the driveway and my alleyway neighbor who was out as well took pity on my and hit it with the blower. My drive is small so my plan was to take a shovel to it as I was frustrated. He was such an angel though and I thanked him profusely. Refused my offer of cookies as they were baking as well today so I may pick up a poinsetta or something at the store on Thursday when I shop again.

For Advent we are doing different daily activities. I am sad that B is missing these while he is away this week. Today's was to draw a Christmas picture. Well, since we were all home and had nothing else to do the kids requested paint. So paint they did. Above is the scene when they were finished. Aidan's all nice and neat and Ainsley's a swirl of blended color. I wonder which child takes more after me...is OCD hereditary? Just kidding.


After the kids rested and I took a nap. We made cookies! Whole wheat chocolate chip craisin. There is so much sugar in there you would never know there is whole wheat flour in there as well.




Our finished product. I may have to take some to sweet Miss D, our older neighbor next door. She missed trick-or treating this year as she had to work but she brought bags of candy by for the kiddos because she wanted to make sure that they had gotten some candy. Little did she know the haul my children had brought home. It was so sweet of her to think of them though. I hope my local friends had an equally exciting and fun snow day as I think it will be back to the school grind tomorrow. Later taters!

3 comments:

Neven said...

your front walkway scares me!

Hollye said...

I HATE SNOW. I would probably never leave the house in the winter if I lived there. Heck, the year we lived in Michigan, I was so miserable. It was the coldest winter they had in like 25 years. They closed schools because it was so cold. Not because of the snow, but because of how low the temps were. Did you know that I HATE SNOW???

scrappingaggie said...

That's neat that you and the kids had some fun activities planned for the snow day :)

The cookies sound yummy! N