Hebrews 11:1

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Colossians 4:6

Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.

Friday, September 11, 2009

Whew!

This has been a very long week for me. Busy was the word. My SIL was visiting this weekend, so my Monday chores (including grocery shopping) got pushed to later days in the week. By the time I was actually able to get to the store, I had no bread and no fresh fruit in the house! Bible study started and fall sports started. B is out of town as well. Next week should be better and more normal so I will get into a more steady groove.

I will have some pictures to post as well as I need to work on them a bit. Grasping our last bit of summer. After having fall like temperatures in August, we sure have warmed up quite a bit and for that I am grateful. I am starting to be ready for fall as the leaves are starting to turn. Must pull out my camera for my annual beginning of fall photo.

This week I also committed to going to my cousin's wedding in Philly in October. I should have booked a hotel months ago apparently because the locations at which they had special pricing and near the venue are booked. Either I get a place further away and rent a car, or I bunk with my parents. When I mentioned renting a car, my Mom made my decision for me. For my safety's sake (according to her), I will be bunking with my parents. Most likely that means I will sleep on the couch or on the floor, but I will deal with it. It is only 2 nights. I feel like such a loser, but oh well it is saving me some money. Air fair was very reasonable I will say. I was able to get a ticket for under $250 on Midwest. I highly recommend them as all their flights are first class style seating and they serve warm chocolate chip cookies. That was pre-recession though. Humm, hopefully they haven't changed things too much. Anyway, I am off for now and hope everyone has a lovely weekend! Later taters!

2 comments:

Neven said...

Mom thinks Philly is dangerous, don't know why. Have you asked Alison about bunking on her sofa? if there are any functions like dinners etc they'll be family so no biggie.

Christine said...

I hope you get to rest up. Always harder with company around--even though family around is a blessing.