that the start of the school year always comes with some behavior issues for us. Seriously I am tired of this mess. Aidan really struggles with one classmate. They are in different classes this year and Aidan has finally realized, "I don't know what I thought was so special, I don't like him very much because he isn't nice to me." Well, this realization brought on "I am not going to be nice either" which prompted the child's mother to speak to me when the child complained to her because his feelings were hurt. After much discussion, Aidan has realized his mistakes and is making an apology to the child today. He has also punished himself by taking away his computer/tv priviledges for a week. This child is very hard on himself. Too much like his Mama in some ways. Anyway, we did have the conversation again which included, "You do not have to be friends with this child, but you do have to be nice to him even if he is not being nice to you. Also, if he is hurting you in some way you need to tell an adult." I seriously detest school sometimes. It brings home all kinds of issues we don't typically have.
I am so glad it is Friday. I am tried and frazzled. I have been invited to Girl's Night Out on Saturday. Not sure where we are going yet, but I am looking forward to some girlfriend time. Trying to juggle to many things right now and I don't feel as if I am doing anything well. Things are starting to slip through the cracks. I don't know how to fix it either. Too much on my plate some days. No more pity party for me. Moving on.
Have a great weekend everyone. I think ours is going to be wet and cold weather wise, but hopefully we can get some fun stuff going on here at home. Later taters!
No comments:
Post a Comment