Hebrews 11:1

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Colossians 4:6

Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.

Friday, October 30, 2009

Long week coming to a close...

it has been a busy one around here. The kids and I had yesterday to catch up. Mondays and Tuesdays are busy for me, running errands, voluteering at church, bible study, and piles of laundry from the previous week. This week has also had "fall" events for both kids at school. This year Aidan was able to go to his schools Masquerade hosted by the PTO. Everything is donated by the parents except for the use of the school space. They had 160 students attend this year and I donated muffins for Aidan's class so I was baking well into the evening on Tuesday. Ainsley had a party as well as her class was celebrating harvest so it was requested that the kids be dressed in farm related costume. Ainsley went as a farmer which was easy because she wore one of Aidan's old plaid shirts, a pair of jeans, she took a cowboy hat from an old costume, and pig tails. She looked so darn cute in pig tails! I will post those pictures tomorrow as part of a halloween post. All I had to provide for her class was cheese slices so that was easy. Both kids have Thursday and Friday off. Yesterday was spent playing Sorry, and Aggieopoly (a verision of Monopoly based on my University) as well as play doh. Both children were gracious enough to spend their hour of computer time together so that I could catch up on some household work I was behind on. I need to revamp my cleaning schedule...I am trying to do too much on Wednesdays which causes problems if I need to do extra shopping for the week. Trying to be organized and not always working. I have gotten back on the ball with some creative projects this week as well. Bible study is excellent too. I am loving this study of the tabernacle and I have also been much improved in daily committing to my devotional time. I have been successful since 8/8/2009 so I am praying this trend continues. B had a busy week entertaining out of town guests so we did not see much of him. Realizing that the kids had off today he decided to take off as well so we are all thrilled. Of course he wants to head over to the big town today to take the kids to the cheesy place if you get get my meaning. Hopefully not to eat but maybe just to play a few games. Ahh well, tomorrow is Halloween which is always a busy place on my street. I am always shocked an amazed at how many people show up for trick or treating. I did get some joke cards from my church to hand out with candy this year. I was originally thinking the weather was supposed to be terrible which would keep the crowds away this year. It seems however that the storms are supposed to be done by then so I probably should have asked for more cards. Anyway, enough nonsense. I hope everyone is having a good week!

No comments: