Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
Colossians 4:6
Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Sick...
We have been sick in this house. Thursday evening Aidan started with a runny nose, scratchy throat. By Friday morning he had a nasty cough. Friday was a half day of school so even though he did not have any fever I decided to keep him home. Friday was also the day that I headed out of town. I had a great time by the way but I will talk more about that in another post when I can add some photos. Saturday night was my cousin's wedding and during the reception I started feeling pretty lousy. I did not sleep well that night due to scratchy throat and in the morning I seemed to be coming down with what Aidan had. I flew home on Sunday and came home to find Aidan still coughing but otherwise much improved. Monday morning I sent him to school since he was so much better. The teacher asked him why he missed school on Friday and he explained about his cold/cough and he told her he had a slight fever on Friday. Not sure why he added that bit because we checked him several times and he was fine. So, she decided to take his temperature in class. He had no fever and she did not send him home, but I guess in these days of this swine flu scare the teachers are not trusting parents judgement as far as their children's health. I know that this illness that we have had is not the flu and only a cold because there was no fever involved. Once we get better I am scheduling to take everyone in for the flu vaccinations, I would just like to shake the crud first. I have been grateful that we had a healthy summer, but here we go back in school for a month and a half and we already have our first illness. Ahh well here we go again. We will be better soon. Anyone have any tried and true cold remedies? My husband swears by Airborne. I am not sure if I totally believe that it works, but I started taking some when I got back on Sunday. The kids are getting their regular multi-vitamin and some extra vitamin C and that seems to be helping them. I really detest taking cold medicine because it always seems to make me feel worse. Afrin nasal spray works well but it is not recommended for use more than 2-3 days so I am very cautious about how much I use it. Saline nasal spray and hot water gargles are also helpful for the scratchy throat. Maybe, I just need to break down and buy a 3rd humidifier that way we have one in each bedroom. I have one for each of the kids and it seems to help them, but don't have one in my room. Well, like I asked, any other tried and true cold remedies? I am interested to hear what others do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
honey and lemon... helped me so much last cold season, and it's yummy.
Post a Comment