After keeping Ainsley home on Monday and thinking we were in the clear, Aidan came home from swim class after having been sick in the car. Oh well, Monday night he went to bed and mostly slept the bug off, but unfortunately I had to keep him home from school on Tuesday and he missed his Christmas concert. He was very disappointed. Even if he would have been well enough to go to school that day, I would not have been well enough to go see him. In the wee hours of Tuesday morning, I found myself ill as well. B was gracious enough to call the school to let them know Aidan would not be in and also call the dental office to cancel my appointment for that morning. He also took Ainsley to school picked her up and ran other miscellaneous have to do errands for me. I am paring down what was going to be done before Friday to be ready for our trip. Teacher treats/gifts became gift cards to a local coffee shop, gifts for the family will go unwrapped and I will wrap them when we arrive, etc. Tomorrow I have to run a few errands for trip snacks and other essentials. Today I will take it easy and maybe shuffle a load of laundry or two and do a bit of packing. I did send Aidan to school today but he wasn't very enthusiastic about going. I am wondering if he is embarrassed that he missed the concert. I told him that being sick is something that just happens and that no one is going to fault him for it. They would probably be very happy that he stayed home so as not to pass things around further. I am still thankful that all of this happened early in the week instead of later when we were wanting to hit the road. Well, just praying that my hubby continues to stay well. As usual when something like this happens, he manages to miss the worst of the symptoms. Don't know how he manages that. All is well now at least and the bug, as nasty as it was, passed quickly. Have a blessed day everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment