Hebrews 11:1

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Colossians 4:6

Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.

Monday, December 14, 2009

Little Girly Sick Day...

What started out to be a fun and productive weekend ended in a bit of a disaster. Saturday afternoon we headed to a health department flu clinic to get the kids the H1N1 flu vaccination. Apparently guidelines had changed once again so B and I were able to get vaccinated as well. The rest of the afternoon went well, we had lunch, stopped by an office supply store to price some items and went to get the boys haircuts. The kids were put to bed and later I went up to get ready. That is when I hear a door open. This is an odd as my children rarely get up in the night. Ainsley came to the bathroom to tell me she was sick. We spent the rest of the night getting sick and cleaning up. Thankfully after the first incident she was able to make it to her bucket or to the bathroom. Lots of laundry later, she is better but still feeling kind of puny today. Sunday we had all kinds of plans, working church nursery, attending services, and getting together with friends before our holiday travels. All had to be cancelled. Even though she was feeling so poorly, the day ended up being a much needed restful day for all. I kept her home from school today as she is still feeling puny and not yet eating much. She is drinking plenty of diluted juices and water so she is staying hydrated. She is on the mend and hopefully I can send her to school tomorrow. I really think that this is not a virus and a reaction to the flu vaccination simply because the rest of the family has not fallen ill. In the past, when someone has a stomach bug the rest of the family will fall rather quickly. Anyway, an exciting end to our weekend. I have tons to do this week to get ready for our trip so I do not have the time to be ill! I am thankful however that this happened now as opposed to Thursday or Friday. That is it for now as I listen to to tunes of Sesame Street and smell cookies baking. Trying to get as much as possible done to day just in case! Blessings everyone!

2 comments:

Neven said...

She got the one up the nose right? Poor little thing... when I got the shot I asked about side effects and the nurse told me that most people tolerate the shot better so you're probably right that it's a reaction.

Christine said...

I hope she's feeling better this evening! How are the rest of you tolerating it?