getting ready for back to school and otherwise chilling out before the mayhem is in full swing next week. Football practice started this week and besides the obvious reasons for my dislike of the sport as it involves my child the practice schedule is going to kill me. They are practicing 4 nights a week for the next 2 weeks and then I guess they will see how much practice they need. Oh my word! Not happy Momma and hubby knows I am not happy about this. He keeps trying to reinforce all the positive that comes from football...the exercise/conditioning, the learning to work as a team, etc. I am hoping that as the evenings shorten and as the season wears on that Coach will cut down the number of practices a week. This kind of schedule is tough for the only parent available during the week.
This week we also celebrated our 15th anniversary. The hubby was away this week as well. Last minute trip. His travel schedule is wearing on me. Block party this weekend in the neighborhood and other pictures to follow! Happy Friday everyone!
3 comments:
I don't know what to say. I don't want your hubby to read this and get mad at your online friends. But, wow! That's a ridiculous schedule. I think I'll pray you out of it. And I'll be faithful about it too! This type of burden would do me in for sure, especially with the frequent travel.
Well, we are committed for the season so we will stick it out. We will see if Aidan plays again next year. Like I said, I am hoping after the first game the Coach will cut down the practice schedule a bit. I do have some help next week so we will see how it goes!
The Lord will surely bless you for submitting. I will pray then that God's grace prevails and the practices get cut down considerably! You are a good wife and mother, Margie!
Post a Comment