Hebrews 11:1

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Colossians 4:6

Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.

Friday, September 23, 2011

Devastated...

A dear sweet friend of mine from Wi sent me a note this morning via Facebook.  She was diagnosed with breast cancer last month and is going on Wednesday for a mastectomy.  This sweet lady is not much older than I am, just 4 years.  Please please please cover her in prayer especially on Wednesday and for her recovery after.  I asked her to keep me posted on how she is doing and I will try to do my best to pass this along so I can better direct prayer for whatever she needs.  I am so upset that I am not there with her right now because she lived so close to me before, just on the street behind me, that I could have easily taken her meals or just stopped by to help her in some way.  I feel so useless to her here.

This has been a long week.  The hubby has been in Germany and the kids school germs finally got me.  Nasty cold since Tuesday.  Missed my new bible study this week and I have spent the last 2 days in bed trying to rest and drinking tons of hot tea.  The hubby is coming back today so hopefully I can get a little break this weekend.  My troubles seem so minor now in comparison to my friend.  Sorry to be such a bummer, but I am bummed.  Have a good weekend all.

No comments: