Hebrews 11:1

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Colossians 4:6

Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Gnomes and Kids

We had a great time at the Holden Arboretum Gnomes in the Garden exhibit.  We had seen the movie Gnomeo and Juliet earlier this summer and it just seemed fitting that we go see the Gnomes in the park.  All were decorated in different ways by mostly local artists.  I believe only a few were from out of state.    I added just a few pictures of some of my favorites.  The one I am photographed with was Lil'  Monet.  He was located near a small lake that was full of waterlilies.  Fitting I think..



This last picture was the only one that we did not get close to simply because of a warning sign in front.  Notice the plant...Danger Poison Ivy.  We stayed clear of this one.  My husband is highly allergic so I am not taking any chances with the kiddos.

Still dragging this week.  A headache has developed today, but I will tell you.  I was brave!  It could be a contributing factor to the headache.  I went to that bible study I mentioned earlier this week.  There were only about 10 ladies there.  It seems like a nice group and I am hoping to develop some friendships that I so desperately need.  The study is Max Lucado's The Gospel of Matthew.  I am jumping in on the 3rd week in the book.  They had started the book before taking off for the summer.  I will be spending some time doing some catch up, but the chapters are short so I think I can manage.  Daring to hope for some great things!  Hope everyone is doing well the middle of this week.  Would you mind also doing me a favor and cover my husband in prayer.  He will be traveling to Germany this Saturday until the next Friday.  Last time he was overseas, his return was postponed due to the eruption of a volcano in Iceland.  Not that I think anything like that will happen again this time, but I would give me some peace of mind to know that others are covering him in prayer.  Thanks bunches!

No comments: