Hebrews 11:1

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Colossians 4:6

Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.

Monday, November 07, 2011

Not the way to start a Monday...

Our elderly dog has been ill recently.  Something started with her on Friday.  Vomiting.  Her issue has since migrated to the other end and last night she apparently had an accident where she sleeps.  In my laundry.  My husband had an early flight out and could not clean up most of the mess so he woke me up to tell me what was going on.  The dog is in the crate in the garage and in need of a bath.  He cleaned up the floor but it still stinks in there.  I had so much to do today that I do not have time deal with this!  I feel like I will never make forward progress because of so much other "stuff"  gets in the way.  The hubby did take her in to the vets this weekend for other issues.  They told him to feed her cottage cheese as a bland diet, but he hasn't been to the store yet to pick any up.  He took her in because she was also struggling to walk up stairs after she hurt herself somehow last weekend.  In taking her x-ray to see what is wrong with her leg, they also discovered a tumor on her leg.  I told him under no circumstances are we doing cancer treatments.  I know that may sound heartless, but I can't manage her as it is.  I can't lift her and carry her around.  She is too big.  I can't even get her into the car anymore so taking her anywhere is solely on my husband and work does not allow him to be running her to the vets constantly.  Sorry to vent, but I am annoyed this morning.  When the day warms up I will be giving the dog a bath and back to the crate for her.

1 comment:

Christine said...

Sorry to hear of this, Margie! I would feel the same way.

Loved that photo of the costumes! And the brick around your house is lovely. I love brick accents.