Hebrews 11:1

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Colossians 4:6

Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Tiny Dancer

Ballet outfit

Tap outfit
Last weekend was Ainsley's dance dress rehearsal of their recital.  She has never had dance before so we went and since this was an optional performance she danced with a different class than normal.  Both intro classes have the same routine.  All of the girls in Ainsley's regular class had other commitments that day being so close to the holiday's.  Ainsley did very well!  I was so proud of her.  I thought she would be nervous, but she was not at all.  I imagine she will do even better this coming weekend in the official performance.  I did sign her up for the next dance class but we may switch dance studios in the fall.  I love the convenience of having her dance at the Y, but the program is very disorganized.  As an example, dress rehearsal is at 2 pm and at that point they are still handing out tutu's and skirts to students.  In my opinion costumes should have been handed out at least a week in advance.  Ainsley's tutu fits well, but the skirt for tap was quite large.  I at least received her outfits the day before during her class time.  Apparently parents have complained and changes are being made to the program to prevent problems such as this in the future.  Costumes are paid for along with registration fees and will be ordered early in the class schedule as opposed to the final weeks before recital time.  Ainsley has had a blast, learned a lot and loves her teacher so that is the important thing.  On a funny note, B gets a look at Ainsley before we leave for the mall and says, "Is she wearing make-up?"  Yes, just a little.  "I don't think I like that at all!"  Oh well.  She only had a little purple and pink sparkly eye shadow,  a little cheek color, and pink sparkly lip gloss.  She looked very cute, not overly made up.  I don't like make-up on her either, but this was something special.  She has a sweet peaches and cream coloring naturally and it is something that she grows to cherish.

I am hoping to get at least one or two more posts in before I sign off until the new year.  We are traveling this holiday and leaving right after school next Wednesday.  Tons to do before then but I have a bad weather related headache and plan on taking things easy today.  Have a great day everyone!

No comments: