Hebrews 11:1

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Colossians 4:6

Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.

Friday, May 18, 2012

Catching up...

Aidan's art on display at the public library
I have been having trouble getting to this blog lately.  Many aspects of life have been stressing me out. Maintaining this has been one of them so I took a bit of a hiatus.  Not intentionally at first at least.  I have had so much on my plate lately with the wrapping up of school, planning our Texas trip, making appointments, planning the summer, and dealing with the unexpected.  Since Monday, hubby has been dealing with bouts of vertigo.  He actually asked to go to the doctor.  Highly unusual.  He got checked out  was given a prescription and asked to follow up with an ear nose and throat specialist.  The thought is that he has some sort of inner ear problems.  This is the same ear that he has had problems with before.  No surprises there.  Unfortunately, since he is a new patient he can't get into the ENT until the end of June.  I think he may try to call again today to see if he can get his appointment bumped up sooner as he had another episode last night.  I also talked him into getting an appointment for an annual physical.  Hopefully he will keep the appointment!

The kids have had a variety of activities.  With soccer for Aidan, swimming for Ainsley and concerts for both classes last week we have been quite busy.  Aidan had some art work placed on display at our local library as well.  He was very excited to be chosen for the honor because while he likes art he does admit it is not his strongest subject.

Looking like my sister's babies will be born soon.  She has had some difficulties and the doctors are saying that they are looking at not letting he go past June 9 unless she goes into labor on her own before.  June 9 will put her about 37 weeks I think.  I need to get a move on getting those baby blankets done.  I am not going to finish at this rate!  Regardless of the babies being born early, my deadline does not change.  As long as I finish before we head south all will be right with the world.  I know the world would not end if they did not get their gifts when I first see them, but I would not like to go visit empty handed.

This month is Christmas 2 in our household.  Trying to stay on top of all of the birthday's in May and it looks like if my sister doesn't make it to June we will add two more.  My Dad, husband, MIL and BIL all celebrate birthday's in the month of May.  Throw in Mother's Day there for good measure and my gift giving bill goes up as compared to most months.

Well, I am off for now.  I am taking most of this morning off.  I am struggling with a bit of a migraine today and I am thinking some of the stress I have been feeling lately set me off this time.  Have a most excellent weekend all.  Soccer again Saturday for us and barring any further vertigo problems my hubby plans to run a half marathon this weekend as well.  Not sure if he will be able to participate, but I will keep you posted.


No comments: