Hebrews 11:1

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Colossians 4:6

Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.

Friday, December 07, 2012

Long time...

no post.  It has been an interesting time since Thanksgiving.  I have been trying to get holiday shopping done and visiting the Dr.  Last week I went in for my annual physical and wanted to talk about some issues I have been having.  Mostly sinus related.  I had a CT scan this week and am going next week to see a ENT specialist.  Apparently I have had a sinus infection for quite some time.  I am thinking months now, but the weird thing is that I haven't had a cold or anything that ever made me think a sinus infection was actually my problem.  I am on a round of antibiotics now and see the ENT next week for this plus the deviated septum they found on the CT.  I am not going to have the surgery to correct that if it is not necessary, but I am curious what the ENT specialist has to say about this sinus infection.  I can date symptoms back to at least this summer that have flared up seriously recently.  Months and months and months.  I also caved and got a prescription for migraine medication.  I have hesitated on this always because I have been told how expensive it is.  While I paid a larger than normal co-pay, it was not as expensive as I had anticipated.   I have been so grateful that I was able to get this medicine.  Oh my word!  I took one tablet this morning as I awoke around 4am with a terrible pounding hormonal migraine.  2 hours later it is gone!  Oh what a blessing.

In other family news, Tuesday was a milestone for me.  The big 40!  Ugh I hate to type that.  At least though I am blessed enough to still be having birthdays.  Hubby took the day off to hang out with me though.  We went to the gym, breakfast, and the movies while the kids were at school.  Fun day!

Last night was Aidan's 5th grade choir and band concert.  So fun.  I was able to take pictures of the kids last night that I hope to use for our Christmas cards.  I will post some here once I get them down loaded.

Have a great weekend all!

4 comments:

Christine said...

Will be praying about the health issues for you, Margie.

I didn't know migraine meds were expensive. I have avoided them because of nursing children over the last many years. I heard they try you on a blood pressure med first, or an antidepressant, because they both supposedly help? My aunt was on ergo-type drugs for hers but I don't know the spellings so I won't even try.

If you take some of them more than twice a week, they will cause rebound headaches. I read which ones do this, but I can't remember their names now. I hope they told you about that.

Blessings this month to you and your family!

Margie said...

I was not given a bp medicine. This is not a preventative, but a medicine to take when you develop a migraine. I have gone the route of taking a beta blocker daily as a preventative back in my college days. It does not prevent all migraines and would still get them from time to time. The one I just started is called Maxalt to only be taken when the headache starts to develop. I assume as with any medicine if taken too often rebound headaches will develop. Typically I will not need to take this medication that often so rebounding does not concern me. The meds that I have been told are expensive are these emergency use type meds, the preventatives are more reasonably priced from my experience.

Christine said...

I forgot to wish you a Happy Birthday! You are beautiful!

Jess said...

happiest of happy birthdays (belatedly)!!! lots of love and many {{hugs}} : )