Hebrews 11:1

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Colossians 4:6

Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Made it!

So I started this yesterday but was unable to get back to it.  My apologies.

This has been the longest week!  Aside from all the issues going on in CT, school security has become a huge internet discussion in our district.  Some weeks ago some threats were made at the local high school.  Local police were involved.  Investigations were conducted and the conclusion was reached that this was all rumors and was sort of like a game of telephone.  He said she said and nothing could be proven or substantiated.  However, security at the high school and middle school was to be increased.  Namely only one door available for entry, school IDs required etc.  As an outside observer, it seemed like a bunch of kids trying to get out of a day or two off from school.  Then last Friday happened, and parents have started to panic.  Criticism of the way today was going to be handled is rampant on the district FB page.  (This is where I stopped yesterday) The afternoon had parties scheduled and I was to help out in Aidan's class again as I was in Ainsley's on Monday morning.  I was greeted by a police car in the front parking.  I headed in to the back door which was going to be open due to the high volume of visitors and was happily greeted by a local policeman.  Apparently he had been at the school all day making his presence known.  He also stopped by the classroom while the party was going on.  I am making the assumption that he was stopping through all the classrooms.  Aidan had said he had stopped by to visit the classes several time throughout the day.  I so appreciate our local police officers.  They are truly an amazing group that protects our town.  They make their presence known and crime is really at a minimum.

 This weekend we begin to prepare for our holiday meal.  B wanted to head into the city this morning to hit a local market.  He is coming down with a major cold so I am not sure how much time we will spend shopping.  Sunday and Monday will bring visits to church and the kids are singing in the childrens choir.  Not sure when I will have a chance to post again.  Merry Christmas!  I leave you with some photos of our holiday lights.  I also have a completed cross stitch project that I need to get photographed and posted.  So cute!  Take care everyone.


No comments: