Hebrews 11:1

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Colossians 4:6

Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Another busy week

So it has been another busy week with kids school projects band concerts added to the general running of the home.  I have been feeling good so I have been quite productive.  In talking to my husband in the evenings I find that I almost always rate how good a day I have had based on how much of my to do list I have accomplished.  I need to stop that!  I have more value than how much laundry I get done or whether the floors were vacuumed.  My happiness should not be measured by how much housework I am able to do.  More wrong thinking on my part.  I do this quite often.

 My parents will be visiting for our spring break.  They arrive on Good Friday and I am more than a little excited.  I must confess to them  a health issue I have been having though and I haven't felt like speaking of it.  I feel like a failure even though it is something almost completely out of my control.  More wrong thinking...see the pattern here.  I think I am afraid of being perceived as a failure of some kind.  I don't even feel right talking about this here yet which is unfortunate as it was meant to be a journal of sorts.  Know that I am okay and healthy and will maybe write something soon.  I haven't mentioned it to my mother though because I know that she will freak out and I feel like she worries about my sister so much that I don't need to add to her worry list.  More wrong thinking.

So my prayer today is that we stop the wrong thinking and negative self talk.  I pray that all my readers see themselves the way that the Lord sees them.  We can be our own worst critics can't we.    Have a blessed weekend all.

2 comments:

Christine said...

I am concerned about you though and wish I knew what to pray. I will write it down anyway and label it an unspoken need.

Have a blessed weekend! Glad you will have family for Easter.

Margie said...

I am good and well. I promise. I do appreciate your prayers. Truly, my problem is minor in the grand scheme of life.