How I have missed you! I spilled water on my lap top and essentially killed it. Not completely, but mostly anyway. We had to make some modifications to our computer situation and now I am up and running at full speed again. Mobile with my ipad and using the computer with our mac mini attached to the living room TV instead of a monitor. I kind of like the situation as I can monitor closely what the kids are using the computer for. The laptop still works for now, but needs to remain plugged in as I seem to have fried the battery. We will let the kids use it for internet purposes, but all vital information, banking. photos and taxes had to be moved to a more secure location because that computer can go at any time. The kids like using the computer here in the living room so I am not sure how much that laptop will get used.
We had another health scare with the in-laws so if you would please add them to your prayers. FIL came home from a cruise with a cough. Every time he gets a cold now, he ends up drowning in fluids. Congestive heart failure and pneumonia kick in and he waits until the last possible minute to seek treatment. This time he got a nice ambulance ride to the hospital in the middle of the night and a few days hospital stay. My MIL was scheduled to have her knee replaced later that same week. My Sister in law was headed away for a long weekend in Vegas. She lives in another city but within driving distance to them. Needless to say, B had to head down south a few days to take care of them. He got there in time for MIL to be released from the hospital. FIL had already been released at this point but was not functioning at full capacity. B was there a few days in SIL came back from her trip to relieve him to he could head home. I guess we have officially become one of the sandwich generation to a degree now, caring for young children at home and having to care for elderly parents. I still don't think of my parents being elderly as they are still in good health at this point. My in-laws are not in as good of health. MIL is struggling with pain management now after surgery and I just pray that she has the strength to actually do the therapy. I had a discussion with her when she was here last summer that the worst thing she could do for herself was to stop moving. Before her surgery, she was already headed that direction.
So I leave you for now with a silly photo of Miss Ainsley during lunch at a local sandwich shop from a few weeks ago. Cold outside but so bright and sunny that she needed my sunglasss indoors. Silly girly. So happy it is Friday and an unscheduled weekend. We have been so busy with activity these last few weekends it will be nice to have the down time to regroup. Happy weekend all! Have a safe St. Patrick's day if you partake in such things.

No comments:
Post a Comment