Hebrews 11:1

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Colossians 4:6

Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.

Monday, March 25, 2013

Change of plans...

I had great plans today.  Drop kids at school, gym, grocery shop, laundry, and get ready for the parents visit.  I come down stairs after my morning shower to find a message from the school district on my answering machine.  No school today due to weather.  For my windows the snow amounts do not appear too bad, but apparently it was bad enough that the school district decided to cancel at the last minute.  I will still manage the laundry today, but I will be recruiting small people to help a bit more in the getting ready for the grandparent visit. Much easier to do since they ill not have any extra homework to do today.  I will have them do their reading time and Ainsley will get her math facts time, but some housework will be required as well.  However, I am not venturing out so we will make due with the food we have as grocery shopping will be postponed until tomorrow.  Thankfully we have plenty of milk and fruit. Plenty with which to make due.

Working on some unfinished projects as well.  I have a large quilt that I am trying to finish.  I started this quilt back before my son was born!  It was just too large and daunting so I keep putting it aside.  I am to the point of  quilting so am just going to do a massive amount of stitch in the ditch and get it done myself.  I promised myself I would finish all my unfinished projects and kits before I buy anything new.  I want to make Ainsley some summer dresses so I have some motivation.  Also, hubby has helped me clear tha kids playroom and set up more of a sewing space for myself.  I have a new table in there for cutting fabrics and other projects.  Both of my children have had many school projects this year so they have had more opportunity to use the space than I have. I am trying to make more of an effort to have more creative time.  I really need it from time to time as it relaxes me.  Ainsley loves art projects and crafting so as she gets older I am hoping this is something we can do together.  Great opportunity to spend time with my girl.  Aidan actually likes to use the space now for homework.  Sometimes when trying to get work done he needs the escape from his sister.

What a way to start the week!  Stay warm and have a great day all.

No comments: