Hebrews 11:1

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Colossians 4:6

Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

What a week..

I am having!  Really last week was more of the issue.  On top of the end of the school year wrap up beginning,  I had to get ready for guests.  My inlaws came in town Thursday evening stayed the weekend, left on Monday morning for Niagra falls.  They will come back Friday and stay until Monday at which point I have to drive them to the airport.  Last week became crazy because on Thursday evening I ended up having to be in three places at roughly the same time.  Needless to say my inlaws had to wait at the airport for me for about 45 minutes because of the schedule.  Hubby was originally supposed to have the pick up responsibility, but work commitments pulled him away.

Aside from the stress of my inlaws visit, I am so thankful I checked my on-line bank statement.  I discovered that hubby's ATM card had been compromised and about $500 worth of transactions were made at various gas stations most notably one at a Sam's Club in Florida.  He was in possession of his card so I am not sure when it was compromised, but all but one of the transactions were pending so it had to have been very recent.  So glad I checked!  His card has been canceled and we are not being held responsible for any of the transactions.

Mother's Day was very nice for the most part.  I had to share my day with my MIL which is not always easy.  I had made reservations at a nice italian place thinking they love italian food and eat it regularly.  Not where I would have gone if the choice were solely up to me, but they had been there before and liked it.  Well, I don't think they like it anymore.  They weren't terribly thrilled about the menu and the noise in the restaurant.  FAIL!  Hubby and I were a little annoyed.  Things just become a bit more difficult every visit.  It is especially hard because FIL does not respect a differing opinion on any subject.  If I hear one more time about how invalid my reasons for not wanting to take a cruise vacation I think I am going to scream.  I swear it comes up every time I see them.  I explain every time how I get extremely motion sick and all the medications knock me out cold.  They know this and still argue with me about it.  I get motion sick sitting in the back seat of a car so why would I put myself through the misery of an extended boat ride I do not know.  I also do not know why it offends him so.  Ahh well, please forgive me.  Years and years of frustration here.  I pray every we see them for the ability to change my attitude and how I deal with them.  After they leave and I replay things in my head is when I get frustrated.  I just try to smile and leave the room when necessary.  I hate being such a complainer!

Well, I was going to leave you with a picture of Aidan from his band and choir concert last week, but alas I can not find it.  It has not downloaded from my phone and I have already shut my phone away in the laundry room with my dog for the night.

Say some prayers for me if you would for this following weekend.  Friday, the hubs celebrates a big birthday.  MIL shares the same birthday.  We are planning a dinner out on Saturday night because Aidan has a soccer practice on Friday.  We will be having better than anything cake after practice.  What a crazy schedule we have!  Oh we just have to make it to Monday with sanity in tact.  I will try to get over here and get some pictures posted this week.  If not, then have a great week and weekend everyone.

2 comments:

Christine said...

I'll pray, dear friend. I get lonely with no family around, but I know that if certain family were around, things would be worse in all probability. Hope you are feeling well!

Margie said...

Thank you! I have been feeling well and hope you have been too.

I miss having family around too, but my inlaws are not always the easiest to schedule things around. Not the most flexible or easy to get along with.