Well, it has been a busy summer and a not busy summer at the same time. Yes, I believe it is possible. Moments of busy and moments of not busy. We are just coming off a long weekend of busy.
Since our dogs passing, we had a few weeks of much needed nothing. A few days to recover from our loss. I think I felt it most as I dealt with her most. I just noticed that the noise level was much lower. Even with the racket that my children make with the other neighborhood kids, the house was just quiet. I even confess that I was checking the local humane society webpage to see what dogs were available for adoption. I came to my senses though. I decided I was not going to seek out a new pet. If The Lord intended us to have a new dog, it would happen in a natural way. The same as happened when we came across our cat. Anyway, I am no longer looking for a new dog and actually have gotten used to the house without her. I hope not to sound heartless here, but I realize how much care our dog required in her later years.
Aidan had his soccer camp a few weeks ago and once again we were asked to host coaches. I don't mind typically because we have a finished basement but we were asked to host 2 coaches this year, a male and female so I had to provide separate sleeping arrangements. Thankfully I had an extra space I could provide, but it was not as comfortable as our basement. I think they ended up having a good ice while they were here and I know we learned quite a lot about the cultural differences between the US and UK.
After turning over the basement our next round of guests came. My sister and her husband brought the kids! All 3 of them! My nephew is 3 and the twins area just over a year. They arrived Thursday evening. Friday afternoon my cousin arrived with her husband and son who is 18 months. All in all we had a house full. It was so fun to have all the babies here, but we were all worn out. My sister and cousin were thrilled with how well all the children got on. They were especially thrilled with how well my older two managed with all the littles. My two are really good with younger children. I have always said that my Ainsley was meant to be an older sister. Sadly if I were to have healthier pregnancies I would have been more willing to have another child. Aidan, I have been told repeatedly by church leadership, is an excellent helper with the younger children in the children's wing. They just love him and I am so pleased to to hear that as a parent. So proud of him.
We are currently gearing up for fall soccer season. Yes, I said fall soccer! Aidan tried out for the local travel team and made it. No football, much to my husbands dismay. I swear though that I did not try to influence Aidan in any way. He came to the decision to try for soccer all on his own. Hoping for a good and safe season and an enjoyable group of parents as he will be on the same team this fall and as well in the spring. Stuck with these folks for a year so hoping to develop some friendships.
Well, I am off for now. I will post some pictures another time. Working on my tablet at the moment so posting pictures is not the easiest for me. This just doesn't work the way I want it to. More later friends and h ave a wonderful weekend.
1 comment:
Happy Thanksgiving! Hope you are all well and have a houseful today! Love, Pam
Post a Comment