Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
Colossians 4:6
Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.
Friday, October 24, 2008
Apparently plans are made without me...
I have mentioned to a few of you about my dreaded picking up from school situation. I feel like I am being bullied by 6 year olds and I get really upset about the whole thing. Today, in my mind, I have reached my absolute limit. One of the kids Dad's approached me and said is Aidan coming over today. Apparently, it has been discussed previously with another parent and never mentioned to me. I don't know if this child's parent doesn't like me or what as she barely says 3 words to me and then tries to parent my children. This is the parent of the same child that had been harrassing Aidan since the beginning of the school year and is our neighbor. I am to the point that I don't know what to say or do. If I say no, I am going to take home screaming children because Ainsley gets in on the action as well. I feel completely undermined as a parent. Sorry to vent, but I am more pissed off that I have been in a very long time. I am trying and trying with this lady and I pray about it and I just don't know what to do. I am trying to go with the flow and be flexible, but I don't like that this is not being discussed with me and my children never get to have their friends over here. Should I even be upset? Argh, frustrated frustrated frustrated! I feel disrespected and it makes me mad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Margie...I've learned that with some people, no matter what you do, it won't change anything. There was a group of mom's in my last mom's group that formed their own little clique and that were quite nasty to the other mom's. Going so far as trashing their parenting skills pretty much in front of them and other mom's. I left that group and found another groups of moms that totally ROCKS. I've been a member of this new group for about a year and there has not been one time that I've ever been made to feel left out of shunned. And when we get together, there is usually anywhere from 10-20 of us. I would say, "kill her with kindness", but that doesn't seem to be working. And if a parent informed me that my child was going over to their house, I probably would have laughed in his face and walked away. But, that's just me. As for her parenting your child, I find that you will ALWAYS have one of those people around. Heck, I will admit, sometimes I do it, but I honestly try not to unless what is happening directly affects my child and the parent isn't doing anything about it. Lord...I'm rambling. TAKE CHARGE SISTER! I know you've got it in you!
I know diddly about parenting... but I do know a Mean Girl when one is described... hate to say it but lots of "women" are nothing but that same mean nasty girl they were in High School being bossy and ugly.
I'd kick her in the shins and run... but then I'm not a parent. HA!
Post a Comment