I have been stressing over kiddo and playdates and such. I never stressed about it before and we always had friends over fairly regularly. Now with our new school situation, the kids ask every day if so and so can come over or can I go over there. I have a bit of a problem with that. I think for us everyday is too much. Aidan has a bit of homework and I would like him to get into the habit of getting it done rather early. I learned my lesson with his extra reading assignments in K, let him play first and he never wants to get back to it. Make him do the assignment first, he has incentive to get it done so that he can go have fun. Anyway, chatting with a friend this morning and it sounds like she has had similar issues and has set some boundaries as far as when. Like for us, Friday's work best for afterschool play. It is good to know I am not alone in my struggle.
This weekend I have the babysitter. Aidan is excited and I think Ainsley has forgotten already. Still dealing with a stomach issue, it is better but not 100%. I don't know what got me as I am not usually so sensitive to foods I eat. Makes me sad because I won't feel free to eat whatever I want when we eat out this weekend. Another night of soup for me! Have a good weekend all!
1 comment:
glad to hear your figuring out the 1st graders running your life ;) Take care, my friend. You didn't eat at the Time Out by any chance, did you?
Post a Comment