Hebrews 11:1

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Colossians 4:6

Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.

Friday, March 27, 2009

Pray for Aidan today...

I have my concerns about how this afternoon and the playdate situation is going to go. Some things have come up this week and I just pray that Aidan will not be too heartbroken if things go as I think they will. I am trying to not make this about me and take things personally. He just takes social issues so hard. I don't remember things being this hard when I was young but maybe it was and I just don't remember. Sorry to be vague, but this has weighed on my mind for a few days.

3 comments:

Neven said...

I remember having "issues" with kids at that age... probably not the same thing but similar. there were girls that would tell me at the beginning of the school day if we would be friends that day or not and if we weren't they wouldn't play with me at recess. they didn't stop until I made a new little friend who played with me every day and I vaguly remember telling them one day we "weren't friends" that's okay I'm playing with Shanna now and that ended it. I think it was second grade... kids can bounce back quick and Aidan is a sweetie so while it does hurt his feelings he'll be okay in the end.

Hollye said...

Is this the neighbor kid? I think I remember you saying you had some issues with the mom, maybe? It's hard being a mom. Kennedy's best friend since she was probably 17 months old starting be so mean to her about 4 months ago. So much, that I hated even taking her to school. She would come home and cry that she was mean to her. And her mom and I are really good friends, so we would see them outside of school ALOT. Plus, the had dance and Awanas together. I wanted to shout for joy when her mom moved her to a different school. So, we only see her for an hour on Thursdays and 2 hours on Wednesday. Now, her bf is THRILLED when we get together and she hugs on Kennedy and tells her that she loves her.

Jess said...

offer still stands for the alleyway if push comes to shove. hope aiden's day goes ok - we'll say a prayer