I have an easy recipe that I use to make some spicy shredding chicken that I add to quesadillas or make nachos. Because of my healthier eating trend, I have been avoiding making this because I am not eating as much cheese (can I say how much I love and miss cheese!). Anyway, back to last night...I prepared the chicken and made nachos for the hubby, quesadillas for the kids. I had the chicken on salad and some of my guacamole. I was disappointed in my meal, but I saw my hubby go back for seconds and just filled a tortilla with the chicken, added cheese and guacamole. Now why did I not think of that! The tortillas I have are high fiber and that would have been so much tastier than the salad even without the cheese. Now I know better.
To prepare the chicken, place 2-4 thawed chicken breasts in the crock pot and cover chicken in salsa. I tend to use the medium or hot variety for spicier chicken. Then cook for 3-4 hours on high until done. Then shred the chicken and mix in with the remaining sauce in the pot. I think this would also be tasty as an enchilada filling, but I have not tried it as yet. Easy peasy Mexican style dinner!
Have a great weekend all!
3 comments:
I'll try it! We love enchiladas!
Hope you had a nice birthday, Margie. I cant' believe that my Theta is now ten! And you just turned 30, right? ;)
The enchiladas sounded awesome. I will have to try the recipe, I love my crock pot. So easy.
I missed that it was your birthday. Happy Belated Birthday!
Post a Comment