Gorgeous weather greeted us when we arrived. Not long after our arrival we took the kids to a local park in my parents neighborhood. The park was a much needed outing after being cooped up in a car for such a long period of time. Needless to say, I have no pictures of this outing as I had not unpacked my camera!
The next day was also gorgeous, so we picked up lunch and headed to another nearby park for playtime and animal visiting...this park also has a zoo of sorts.
That is all I have time for right now. I apologize for taking so long to post. I spent the early part of the week catching up. Laundry, clearing out boxes, going through mail, paying bills, all the things that are put on hold while one is out of town. Then toward the end of the week I was caught up and recuperating from a cold that I picked up at my in-laws house which became significantly worse with the return to the cold weather. Actually, we were quite cold in the Dallas area while we were there, but not nearly as cold as it was here when we arrived. More on that later...maybe this weekend. I still have Christmas decorations that need to be taken down and put away, but I have been waiting until this congestion was a bit better and my house once again some sort of organized after our trip. Just taking it slow, slow, slow...
I have the neighbor kids over today after school...I have been putting the play date off all week due to sickness on my part and my need to get things reorganized. I could not put them off any longer. The child across the street asks to come over every day. I get very tired of that. Oh well, enough of that pity party. Our situation with them has improve dramatically so I can't complain. I will keep praying for that family though. More another time. Blessings everyone and have a great weekend. I will plug our football team here though...Go Cowboys! Now hopefully I have not jinxed them!
No comments:
Post a Comment