Hebrews 11:1

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Colossians 4:6

Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

DFW trip...

The Dallas leg of our trip started out okay, but did not end as well as I would have liked. Above are the family having a paper fight with the gift wrapping. We had Christmas with my hubby's family when we arrived on Saturday and on Sunday evening they had invited B's Aunt, Uncle and cousins to come over. It was a fun day, but sadly I have no pictures! I did not take any! I was tired is my only excuse.

One day we went out to see a grown-up movie, while the kids Aunt and her friend took them to see a kids movie. We stayed in mostly the next day because of weather related issues. We had some difficulties getting out and about because it seems my in-laws don't leave the house if it is less than 50 degrees. Not kidding! The next day we were supposed to meet up with a friend but had to cancel due to sick children but we hit the town anyway. We had some errands that we needed to run for the trip home so we took the kids to a couple of indoor play areas so that we could get them out of the house. We also had some much needed family time by this point of the trip.

Below a kind stranger offered to take our picture at our favorite local Mexican chain. I don't know why my kids love to be photgraphed with these statues. I have to take their picture every time we eat here.
We were able to get one more visit in with B's Grandpa who is currently in a nursing home recovering from a slip and fall accident he had in November. Not a hip fortunately, but a broken nose and cheek bones. At 95 he has had a very difficult time recovering so if you would keep him in your thoughts. Part of the problem is that he is refusing to do his physical therapy so at this point we are not sure when he will be headed to my in-laws house. Ah well, I hope the Dallas leg of our trip doesn't sound like too much of a downer. By this point we were exhausted and had enough of traveling and were ready to head home. We headed back on New Years day and when we hit the Wisconsin border on the 2nd, there were cheers from the little people in the back seat. As much as I do not think of it this way, Wisconsin has become home for all of us and we were happy to be back.

Okay, I promise no more Christmas posts. Today I am very excited as I have a hair appointment this afternoon! Yay! Blessings all and hopefully I will be able to start more normal day to day posts once again.

No comments: