Hebrews 11:1

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Colossians 4:6

Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.

Saturday, January 08, 2011

Starting out the New Year!

I trust everyone had a happy and safe New Year.  We had a quiet evening at home.  No friends locally yet, but we had a fun evening none the less.  Friday's have become family movie night and the kids seem to love it.  Next Friday our movie in the queue is the 30th anniversary edition of Schoolhouse Rock.  Last night we saw Planet 51 which was very sweet, much better than I expected it to be.

This week as been getting back into the swing of school, putting away Christmas decor and generally starting to put up my more normal decor.   I also was brave, for me, on several levels.  I went and had a wellness assessment at the Y.  The guy who showed me around told me what I needed to start working on to achieve my fitness goals, how to use the weight machines, and other equipment.  Now, with a workout plan in hand, I have to get myself in there for some regular training and eventually some classes.  Maybe, I will even make a friend along the way!

We started looking for a new church.  My husband wanted to check out at least three just so we will have a sense of what is available.  His thinking was perfect because 3 was the exact number I had on my list!  We went to the one very close to our house last week.  We all enjoyed it very much, but I am not sure it is the place for us just yet.  It is a bit smaller than we are used to and just feels a bit different.  However, the music was great and the pastor was excellent.  The one I think we are going to try tomorrow is more similar church we just came from in Wi so I am hoping it will be a good fit.  It just happens to be a bit farther away.  Nothing ridiculous mind you, just not down the road from my house!  I  dislike not having a church home.  I made so many good friends at my last one and I am really in need of that connection.  If you will continue to pray for us on that front I would be so grateful.

Today, I went to a new hair salon.  It was one I happened by a few weeks ago so I looked them up and gave them a call.  The girl who took care of me today did an excellent job.  I was a little intimidated at first due to her hair color, (blue), but she was really fabulous.  I will definitely be going back.  I am so silly for getting so stressed out over such a thing, but I do.  I can't seem to help myself.  Now I need to find Drs and a Dentist!  Pray for that too because I am in need of taking Miss Ainsley in for something that I would prefer not to wait until her well check.

So, that is it for now.  I will leave you with some photos from our Christmas holiday as I finally got my new cable in and was able to download the photos from my camera.

Ainsley all dolled up for her Winter Concert

Waiting to open gifts on Christmas morning

No comments: