I have always kept this as a kind of journal, but just have not been able to get to it of late. When I have made the time to check in on it, I have had nothing to say. I go through these times in the winter. I am staying busy typically. I try to go the the gym at least 4 mornings a week. This week though I have been a slacker, as well as pretty sick. Nasty cold that Ainsley must have passed on to me. Each time she gets one since we have moved, I pick it up too. New kids, new people, new bugs. Aidan thankfully has been healthy since Christmas.
Things seem to be going well. Construction on our basement has not started yet, but I did call Goodwill to clean out our garage. They are coming to pick up tomorrow. Tons of stuff! I also finally made an appointment with a dentist in the area since we are all over due for cleanings. I am not sure why I have been putting it off and off and off, but I finally got our insurance sorted and I am headed there next month. Once I visit, I will make appointments for the kids. We have found a babysitter as well. Last month, B brought home the announcement for his work's winter party and awards dinner. He said he would like me to go so I could meet everyone. Needless to say, I had to be brave and ask my neighbors for some recommendations as far as teens who sit. One neighbor works with a college student who also sits and we had her out for the even this past weekend. The kids liked her and she said she would be happy to sit for them again. I am so thankful! She seems like a very nice girl and I do appreciate the fact that she is a bit older that other sitters we have had.
We are still working on making friends. In a few weeks a neighbor is having a party to which we have also been invited. I really don't like the idea of walking into a party where I don't know anyone, but it is an opportunity to meet more of the families that live around me. So, if I can get our sitter to come out again then I think we will go. It is not for a few weeks yet so I will let you know how it goes.
Well, I am off to rest a bit more before picking the little lady up from school. On that note I will leave you with a shot from her recent birthday celebration.
No comments:
Post a Comment