And as soon as I recharge the battery on my camera, I will post some pictures. The Mall of America is a really cool place and right around the corner from our hotel. The kids had a blast at the Nickelodeon Amusement park. Even Ainsley, who did not want to ride any rides initally, got in on the action. I think her favorite was the "Backyard friends" swing ride, Backyardigans swings. Aidan claims his favorite was the log chute but really I think it was the Pepsi Orange Coaster. We had two ride that one twice because he wanted to ride with me. We will have to go back when my youngest daredevil is a little taller so she can ride more of the bigger rides. You really need 2 or 3 days at that mall if you want to do any shopping. You just could not see it all and do kids activities as well. The aquarium was pretty cool and Aidan even touched a sting ray even though I don't think he liked it much. He talked about doing that all afternoon because Megan T in his class did it so he had to do it too. They are very soft, something that I never realized. They also had some huge fresh water turtles and a huge sea turtle. I have never seen turtles that big. The kids enjoyed the aquarium so I am hoping to one day take them to the one in Atlanta. Eventually everyone got crabby and we headed back to the hotel to rest up a bit and then we took the kids to the hotel pool to swim. Heated indoor pool my tushy...that water was freezing cold. Aidan swam in it the most then we stopped in the hot tub to warm up. Aidan and B played a game of foose-ball (sp?) with another little boy who joined them then headed up to get kiddos ready for bed. Sunday we headed out for breakfast at this amazing pancake house and took B to the resort where he will be staying all week. I headed back a little earlier than I orginally planned because Aidan was feeling pretty puny and complaining about his ears bothering him. I was pretty surprised as we have been diligent about his ear plugs and he is not congested. He slept in the car most of the way back so I am hoping it was just that he was tired. Either way he had an appointment already scheduled for this afternoon to see the nurse at the ENT office so if there is a problem she will be able to tell us.
My family down south seems to have weathered the storm. My parents don't have power or phone service. My sister is without phone but has power. I have been able to get in touch by text message only. No major damage really to either one of their homes, just some damage to trees and shrubs and such. A friend of mine's father did not fare so well. He is fine, but some trees fell on to his house destorying it pretty much. Keep him an all the others who have suffered such losses in your prayers.
2 comments:
Thanks for the prayers Margie. I did get a chance to speak with my dad last night for about 10 minutes. They were driving around looking for a cell phone signal so that they could call us. They house is totally destroyed. What wasn't destroyed when the tree fell was later destroyed by all the rain. Thank God my Dad made the decision to move into the den. The tree fell across the bed he has been laying in not minutes before. We are trying to convince them to come and stay with us until things can be sorted out. An apartment or a hotel or whatever. I'm just so glad they are safe.
back to work on wednesday for me it's confirmed. should be interesting as they still haven't told us which floors were damaged
Post a Comment