Hebrews 11:1

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Colossians 4:6

Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.

Saturday, January 03, 2009

Long time no post






Now that the hustle and bustle of the holidays is finished, I am hoping to get back to some semi-regular posting of pictures and commentary on our daily lives. This morning while B had decided to tackle some home improvement projects (I am so thankful he is handy!) I sat and the computer and sorted through our holiday photos. I am hoping I will make the time to share some here through the next couple of days. B has also given me the task of maintaining another blog for family to share since this site is mostly for my friends and myself. Not sure how that is going to go. Anyway, here are some of our more memorable events...


Aidan's Christmas program solo. Poor little man, he was soooooo nervous that day and he still won't sing in front of us by himself.
More crafting on yet another snow day. I accidently deleted the picture of the two kids together with their projects. I am going to have to check the dollar store and Hobby Lobby to see if they have more kits like this to keep on hand for snow days. My kids love this stuff!
Our holiday shipping. I waited a day too long this year to get everything mailed by parcel post. I had to pay the extra for priority mail. Oh well, I will try to do better next time.
My parents arrive from the Texas Gulf Coast and we kill them with a morning of sledding. We thankfully had extra pairs of boots that fit my parents so at least their feet would stay dry. I think that even though they were cold that they really had a great time.


We also made a gingerbread Christmas tree from a kit. The complete picture is at the beginning of the post. Also, here is the rare and elusive picture of me! Yes, it is from the back for good reason. I had terrible I-did-not-use-the-hairdryer-this-morning-then-we-went-sledding-hat-hair as well as no makeup on. Not that I wear that much, but typically I look better than this I like to think. Well, that is it for now as I have to get on to other things for the day. Happy New Year everyone! Later taters.

3 comments:

Becca L. said...

Totally laughing at your sledding hair! You should see my get-up today! The tree looks so cute! Glad you had a good visit with the family! Let's get together and catch up soon!

Jess said...

looks like you have kept plenty busy :) hope your parents visit again! say, what is with the side picture? i have yet to catch you looking not put together. you are a beautiful lady and it isn't the blow dryer that makes it so :)

scrappingaggie said...

Happy New Year! Love the Christmas tree- that must have been fun to decorate! Glad you had a great holiday :) Will try to give you a call this week--
N