I am not one for resolutions as I always tend to falter at the first signs of sickness. New routines tend to fly out the window and we have had some rough winters healthwise since moving up north. One thing I need to specifically improve on this year is the dealing with paper. I typically sort the mail fairly quickly and deal with bills and the like that need to be paid. It is all the other "stuff" that I struggle with, school papers, items to be filed etc. I have homes for all of these things but for some reason they don't always make it there until I have to do a major clear off of the table. They will sit on my dining table for weeks. I have even have been so bold as to dust around them! I am resolving to improve in this area...no more dining table filing! Aidan's papers will need to get filed everyday as will, Ainsley's. Also, important mail will be filed daily. Receipts and anything else that is uneccessary will be shredded once it is recorded in our checking system. I must reign in the paper monster before I go nuts! I am saying this because in cleaning out a paper tray, I happened upon a thank you card that I never gave my friend. I am such a louse. She is going to laugh when I give it to her because heaven knows what it was for and when it was from. Well, I had to get that off my chest. Now back to putting away Christmas for a bit longer before starting dinner. Later tater tots!
By the way, Aidan had a belated Christmas party today since they had a snow day on the original day it was scheduled. Poor thing ate too much and is now laying on my couch with a tummy ache. Amazingly it was mostly healthy foods...he had an apple, 2 cookies, celery sticks, juice and a candy cane. I am thinking it was either the candy cane or cookies that sent him over the edge. Needless to say, at this moment he is not terribly excited at the prospect of having meatballs for dinner. Prayers to our dear friends the C family at the loss of a grandfather. Love you guys.
1 comment:
You are much further ahead than me- I still have not made resolutions yet for 2009. "Resolution" was one of K's spelling words this week, and I had to explain to him that I had not made any yet for myself. Eek! Perhaps procrastinating less needs to be on my resolution list ;)
I hope Aidan's tummy is feeling better!! Have a wonderful day- N
Post a Comment