Hebrews 11:1

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Colossians 4:6

Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.

Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter Everyone...

We had a busy week preceding Easter Sunday. First the kids and I made treats to take to the teachers at both schools. Aidan has such a sweet heart that not only did he want to take treats to his teacher, but also to the other first grade teacher and to the ladies in the office as well. I did not have enough materials on hand to take treats to the office ladies so he was satisfied to take treats to the teachers only. I will have to remember to buy more chocolate for next year.
Saturday we dyed Easter eggs for the first time. My children don't eat hard boiled eggs so I have avoided this in the past. They had a blast and actually ate the "duds". We had 2 eggs that cracked during the boiling process. Aidan did let me know that he preferred the "skin" (the egg white) to the egg yolk. At least they tried them so for that I was grateful.
Our finished product.


Easter Sunday in their finery. We went to church Sunday morning. Ainsley looked lovely in an outfit that she picked out. Aidan is happy to wear what I get him which makes me happy. I like to dress him in sweaters and slacks. He looks so handsome.

We stopped for breakfast at our favorite place. For dinner I made a amazing roast and all the trimmings. B took the kids to the park as the weather was nice. After dinner we had some outside playtime with some neighbor kids. I hope everyone had as nice a weekend as we did. Aidan is off from school until Tuesday. Today is cloudy and I am thinking it might rain later, but I am hoping to get the kids out for some outside playtime even if it is just in the back yard. I do have some limbs to remove before our festivities of the next weekend to come. That is more for another post though. Later taters!



3 comments:

Christine said...

Sounds like a special weekend! Love the photos.

Do you do your roast in an oven bag? I do rump roast in the crockpot and it always comes out moist and tender, but when I try an oven roast, it always seems too dry. What is your secret? What type of roast is the best for ovens?

Jess said...

your kids are indeed looking mighty fine! :) it was good to see some many pictures, thanks margie. hope you are recovering from such a busy week/weekend. talk to you soon!

Becca L. said...

Isn't the egg coloring fun? Ian likes just the whites as well. That's ok - it's where the nutrition is! Hope you are enjoying this last day of spring break!