I not sure if you would actually want to call this a remodel because to me a remodel is a full gut of the area in question. Not what we were prepared to do. This is the project that B decided to work on while we were away because of the mess and dust it created. He replaced the plaster ceiling and repaired cracks in the wall plaster. He originally wanted to replace all the dry wall, vanity, and mirror/medicine cabinet combo. I had my concerns because with an old house you never know what you will find when you start removing things. All I really wanted was the repair to the ceiling and to repaint. Once again we had this red in the bathroom. This is the same red that we painted over in the bedroom last summer. This being such a small bathroom the color was very oppressive.

When B started removing said mirror and medicine cabinet. He discovered what it was covering. He then abandoned the idea of replacing anything and settled for painting to freshen up. This first hole looks like it was there when the tile was originally installed.

This second hole seems like it was made at some point after the initial installation. If anyone has any suggestions as to what these holes might have been at some point I would like to hear them. They are not very big and don't seem to have any plumbing in them, but they are in the sink area.


The finished product pictures are still on my camera. Hopefully I will post them for you tomorrow. B had not finished the work when we got home, so I ended up helping with the painting as he left for a business trip the Monday after we returned. I had picked out the paint for him while I was in Houston which was kind of strange. I spent a ton of time second guessing myself. In the long run though I think it turned out pretty nice. Later!
2 comments:
it looks like the hole on the left goes lower along the wall than the back of the counter top... odd. almost like a built-in but not.
I'm so over red. LOL You are right--oppressive.
Post a Comment