My Mom was inspired to make Ainsley a princess dress after we spotted one in one of those high end toy shops in Philadelphia. My Mom's response as usual was, I can make that. Make it she did! This is so much better construction than anything that you can get at the store. I may have to ask her to make Ainsley another one!
Sunday Ainsley's request was breakfast at Perkins. So we got her all dolled up in her dress meant for the Valentine's Father Daughter dance and the corsage that Daddy had made for her. What a vision! She loved the swishiness of the dress. She was happy that even if she did not get to have her party, she was able to turn 5 anyway. Such an easy girl to please...pretty dress and chocolate chip pancakes.Otherwise, things are going pretty well around here. The rest of the family has not come down with strep so I am thankful for that. I am really struggling with the winter funk though. I have been fighting it, but winter is starting to get the best of me. Someone suggested to me taking some extra doses of vitamin D. Anyone heard of this? I figure the vitamin D will be good for me as I know I am not getting enough sunshine these days. If anyone has any suggestions for beating the winter blahs let me know!
3 comments:
funny you mentioned vitamin D. another mom was saying her doctor recommended just that thing for her winter blues to me just yesterday. it never hurts to try. i hope some other ladies/gentleman have other ideas for you. i would say go south..but you just got back! :) hang in there margie. if only hugs were a cure, right?
It's tough not to get the blues around February, I think. I feel blah as well. We've had a whole lot of snow recently, and haven't been out of the twenties in days. Soon, things will change. Praying for you in the meantime. Vit D should help.
What a cutie! LOVE her name. LOL (I too have an Aidan and Ainsley!)
Post a Comment