Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
Colossians 4:6
Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.
Friday, September 10, 2010
My parents...
are officially retiring at the end of the month! My Dad took an early retirement a while back but eventually went back to work. First, he worked as a substitute teacher in the school district where I attended. Then he eventually moved on to do contract work for the manufacturing company for whom my Mom does Accounts Receivable. My Mom being quite a bit younger than my Dad was not able to retire when he did. This past weekend she turned 60 and apparently the week before they turned in their letters of retirement effective at the end of September. Even with the hit their retirement accounts took with this economy, they have been doing quite well financially. My parents are quite frugal...my Dad almost annoyingly so. I honestly never thought they would do it, but here they are officially retiring. My selfishness about this situation is that I hope that it means that they will visit more often or for an extended time. Now they won't have to worry about attaching their trip to a holiday so that my Mom would get an extra day or two in without eating too much into her depressingly small amount of paid vacation. I told them I do not want to hear the excuse that they are too busy to come see us as I have heard from others who shall remain nameless. Well, so that is the news. I am tired as I did not sleep well last night...allergies bugging me something fierce yesterday and today. I am off and everyone have a restful, relaxing and in my case football filled weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
They were flirting with the end of the year... but both have been fed up with the office since the begining of the summer.
And Dad is TIGHT like almost Scottish tight (don't count JP who we think has some other blood as he spends when it's convient)... but if it pays off that they can retire young enough to enjoy it then it was worth it.
Hooray for you! I can't wait for my parents to retire full time as well.
Post a Comment