Hebrews 11:1

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Colossians 4:6

Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Painting...

I have been painting this week!  Not changing colors, just touching up outside paint on the porches and handrails that were going to need it before this winter.  It is amazing how much I can get done given a good chunk of time during the day.  Needless to say though, I have been killing myself again.  I need to stop.  I feel guilty when I do things that are fun for me during the day.  Wrong thinking on my part as usual.  I have to finish up a small bit of painting today for the open house tomorrow and then I think I will be done for a while.   I am going to go back to allowing myself a bit of sewing time during the day.  Friday I actually allowed myself time for a nap if you can believe that!  I have been so exhausted!

Well, Aidan has a full blown cold officially.  He has been complaining of a sore throat for a day or so but had no fever.  Yesterday he came home from school with a runny nose.  We went to dinner at the restaurant of some friends of my hubby's that is closing this weekend and the kids and I had to leave early because Aidan was just miserable.  We came home and I put them straight to bed.  Both were asleep by 8pm.  He is a bit better this morning but we are going to take the weekend by ear and see how he does.

We have yet another open house tomorrow hosted by another real estate agent in the office.  The economy is terrible around here and yet they still can't believe this house hasn't sold.  People looking in our price range are just not buying, and no one seems to be doing much hiring so not as many people are relocating to the area.  In the 4 months that our house has been on the market only one home in our price range has sold.  That says a lot I think.  Bad bad times.  We will keep praying and keep trying and I will probably keep painting...after a small break though.  Posting got away from me again this week but I will do better (I am always saying that).  I have pictures as well as we are starting to see some pretty fall color as well as Aidan football pictures and Ainsley's Kindergarten artwork.  Have a good weekend all!

1 comment:

Jess said...

glad you feel like you are getting things accomplished! but naughty girl for thinking there is something wrong in taking time to do something that you like or enjoy! :) margie, margie, margie what are we going to do with you?! hope aidan is feeling better and that it isn't catching. talk to you soon.

oh, and if you run out of things to do at your house within the next several weeks i have plenty here that could occupy for a year or more! :)