I was to horrified to think about taking a picture of where all the mess landed. On my side of our bed! Imagine if we had been sleeping when this happened. I call B to tell him what happened. He says, okay I'll fix it. But would it be okay with you if I went to play golf this after noon. Fine, I said go play golf. I was livid though. He realized this and brought a friend home who has done dry wall work to assess the damage. That evening we went to Lowes and bought some supplies. Wednesday evening his friend from work came over to help thankfully. They got the job knocked out pretty quickly, but it will take several coats of mud for it to be ready to prime and paint which has apparently become my job. Not sure why as it wasn't my fault the ceiling finally collapsed. So really the collapse wasn't that bad, but I was horrified nonetheless!
Well, have a good weekend tater tots. This weekend is the dreaded company picnic. B keeps telling me that I don't have to go this year. I told him I am willing to go if he is going to hang out with me. He somehow expects me to network with all his people while chasing 2 kids around the Expo grounds. I am just going to walk up to strangers and start chatting. Yeah right. Wish me luck!
2 comments:
my heart goes out to you! i certainly admire that you let B go play golf without really laying into him. and i commend him for being smart enough to know that he needed to take care of it immediately! :) and of course the ceiling would fall on your side of the bed!!! :) let me know if you need help with what is now your portion of the project - i truly mean it.
oh, you are a much better woman than I. No way golf would have been in the picture here ;) Not the best painter here, but let me know if you'd like me to take the kids for a morning!
Post a Comment